Local Community Engagement SpecialistApply now
About the Role
As a Local Community Engagement Specialist for InterNations, you will:
- take ownership for a portfolio consisting of 14 local communities in Austria & Switzerland, ensure all operational KPIs are met, strive to exceed targets, and oversee the communities’ further strategic development
- recruit, onboard, and empower volunteer community members who organize regular official events and activities on a local level
- provide individual support and guidance to our volunteers
- organize and host monthly afterwork-like networking events in close collaboration with the local Ambassadors in Zurich
- analyze key metrics, gather region-specific insights, and positively contribute to the company’s financial performance
- monitor, diversify, and ensure the high quality of our events and activities
- use your skills to prevent, mediate, and resolve conflicts, manage crisis situations, and implement risk management processes
You meet the following requirements:
- bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in Business Administration, Media Studies, Event Management, Cultural Science (or similar)
- fluency in written and spoken English is essential, business fluency in German (additional languages are a plus)
- based in Zurich for 2+ years, knowledge of the local business culture and contacts in local restaurants and bars are a plus
- business sense and an entrepreneurial spirit
- willingness to travel occasionally and work evenings and/or weekends
- affinity for social networking applications and platforms
- communicative, assertive, reliable, and calm under pressure
- open, collaborative, and team player who enjoys working in an international environment
Are you the right one for the job?
Send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
Please note: We can only accept applications from those who already hold a valid work permit for Switzerland.
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 4.3 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Sicily in Italy
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.