Quality Assurance EngineerApply now
About the Role
Our office is located in Munich, but it is also possible to work remotely throughout the whole of Germany or Europe.
About the Role
Our Engineering & Product Teams are responsible for building and maintaining applications across multiple platforms at InterNations, a community with more than 3 million global users. We offer our product on iOS, Android, and the web.
As a member of an international, cross-functional Product & Engineering Department, you will support teams in assuring the quality of the software deliverables across multiple teams.
- you participate in feature planning to ensure accuracy of acceptance criteria
- together with the team, you create test plans and execute tests on the web from a user perspective on multiple devices, assessing internal and external qualities of our software
- you run exploratory test sessions on existing software to find regressions and uncover forward-compatibility issues
- you document findings verbally with the team or as actionable bug reports
- you drive improvements in an environment of continuous learning and inspire an enthusiasm for internal and external quality in software
- you report on and objectively measure quality trends over time and improve upon them
- several years of experience as a QA Engineer
- strong technical understanding of the web as a platform, including responsive design principles and basic debugging knowledge
- good understanding of software product development processes
- familiarity with Selenium, Detox, Appium or similar tools
- ability to experience the world through the eyes of a user
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- strong attention to visual and technical detail
- ability to balance multiple competing priorities effectively
Then take a look at this interview with our current Quality Assurance Engineer to find out more, and send us your CV today!
With over 4.3 million members in 420 cities worldwide, InterNations is the largest global community for people who live and work abroad. InterNations offers global and local networking and socializing, both online and face-to-face. At around 6,000 events and activities per month, expatriates can meet other global minds and pursue their interests. Members can also find and exchange tips and information on life abroad through discussion forums and helpful articles based on personal expat experiences. Membership is by approval only to ensure quality and trust in our community. InterNations is part of New Work SE, a group of brands that offer products and services for a better working life.
Although we have office in Munich, Germany, we're a remote-first company. All team members are free to work anywhere in Europe — from home, the office, or a combination of both. You can read more about InterNations becoming a remote-first company in our company blog.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a centrally located office in Munich
- the possibility to work fully remote anywhere in Europe
- support with your visa application
- an ongoing sustainability initiative — we’re a climate-neutral company
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team bonding events to connect our team members wherever they are
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared toward bringing out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have lots of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. All team members can work remotely anywhere in Europe, or from our Munich office. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, especially in a remote setting, you can look forward to coffee lotteries, language tandems, department exchanges, and regular team-bonding activities.
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.