Senior Data Analytics Manager (Power BI)Apply now
About the Role
While we mainly use the Power BI platform on top of our data warehouse, you will also contribute in different areas like ML prediction models, advanced analytics with Spark, ETL pipelines, or statistical analysis.
As a Senior Data Analytics Manager at InterNations, you will:
- create data models and interactive reports with custom DAX measures in Power BI
- prepare, analyze, and visualize data to generate insights from it
- perform analyses to enable other departments to take decisions and to find optimization potential
- lead internal projects and represent BI in the company
- drive the development of our BI landscape forward
- collaborate closely with other teams
You meet the following requirements:
- expert in Power BI, writing complex DAX and creating data models
- advanced knowledge of databases and SQL (ideally MySQL)
- good knowledge of BI setups and processes
- experience with python
- degree in business, economics, computer science, mathematics, or related studies
- ability to work independently as well as coordinate in a team
- very good to fluent written and spoken English
You ideally also have:
- good knowledge of Excel
- knowledge in A/B testing and statistical methods
- first leadership experience
- worked with ETL pipelines (we are using Pentaho kettle)
- experience abroad and cross-cultural proficiency
Are you the right one for the job?
Send your application (CV and cover letter) today!
If you'd like to get a first impression of the Business Analytics Team, the company, and the culture, just take a look at this interview with one of your future colleagues on our blog.
With over 4.5 million members in 420 cities worldwide, InterNations is the largest global community for people who live and work abroad. InterNations offers global and local networking and socializing, both online and face-to-face. At around 6,000 events and activities per month, expatriates can meet other global minds and pursue their interests. Members can also find and exchange tips and information on life abroad through discussion forums and helpful articles based on personal expat experiences. Membership is by approval only to ensure quality and trust in our community. InterNations is part of New Work SE, a group of brands that offer products and services for a better working life.
Although we have office in Munich, Germany, we're a remote-first company. All team members are free to work anywhere in Europe — from home, the office, or a combination of both. You can read more about InterNations becoming a remote-first company in our company blog.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a centrally located office in Munich
- the possibility to work fully remote anywhere in Europe
- support with your visa application
- an ongoing sustainability initiative — we’re a climate-neutral company
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team bonding events to connect our team members wherever they are
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared toward bringing out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have lots of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. All team members can work remotely anywhere in Europe, or from our Munich office. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, especially in a remote setting, you can look forward to coffee lotteries, language tandems, department exchanges, and regular team-bonding activities.