Join now

Just want to introduce and say hello. (Casablanca)

I wanted to post an introduction instead of just jumping and trying to get help. In a lot of ways I have been lucky. I married into a wonderful Moroccan family that have been great host since I moved here and the two visits I made before taking the plunge. The only problem I have had with them is getting them to stop helping me and start helping me. I know that sounds confusing but its really not. My wife is still back in the states while I try and get things started here, easier said than done. Her older sister however is her and speaks pretty good English as do the teenagers in the family. As a result the younger children have had an easier time learning English than I have had learning French. I have finally gotten some basics down and she is starting to come around and speak French unless we are pressed for time and I have to understand.
Starting over has been harder than we thought. With my lack of language it has been difficult to get things going on my own. With my sister-in-law's help we have gotten things moving but the bureaucracy seems to move slower the a glacier. Hopefully sooner rather than later we will have some good news to tell my wife and we will be able to get her home.

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Casablanca Forum