Join now

Just want to introduce and say hello. (Casablanca)

I wanted to post an introduction instead of just jumping and trying to get help. In a lot of ways I have been lucky. I married into a wonderful Moroccan family that have been great host since I moved here and the two visits I made before taking the plunge. The only problem I have had with them is getting them to stop helping me and start helping me. I know that sounds confusing but its really not. My wife is still back in the states while I try and get things started here, easier said than done. Her older sister however is her and speaks pretty good English as do the teenagers in the family. As a result the younger children have had an easier time learning English than I have had learning French. I have finally gotten some basics down and she is starting to come around and speak French unless we are pressed for time and I have to understand.
Starting over has been harder than we thought. With my lack of language it has been difficult to get things going on my own. With my sister-in-law's help we have gotten things moving but the bureaucracy seems to move slower the a glacier. Hopefully sooner rather than later we will have some good news to tell my wife and we will be able to get her home.

Casablanca Forum

Our Global Partners