Join now

Moving to Charlotte in January 2014

Hi Everyone, I'm hoping to get a little bit of advice :) We are moving to Charlotte in January Protected content husband, myself and our 2 children (girl aged 9, boy aged 6)). My husband has been offered an intercompany transfer from Ireland to Charlotte and we are very excited (and somewhat anxious, as we will leave behind our families whom we are very close to!!) we feel this will be a fantastic life experience for our children and decided to take this opportunity with open arms. It has come a bit out of the blue and we don't have much time to organise ourselves, we are coming over next week on a familiarisation trip as we have never been to Charlotte before. From the information that we have seen on-line it looks like a beautiful city. We are hoping to live within Protected content driving distance from Charlotte in a community setting with good amenities and access to good schools. We have got some advice from my husbands colleagues in Charlotte and one place that has been recommended to us a few times is Fort Mill, would love any recommendations ect that you guys could send our way. Or any other areas that you think would be good to look at and consider while we are there? Any information you could send our way would be greatly appreciated. Tks :)

Charlotte Forum