Join now

International Schooling in Chennai

Dear all,

Firstly, I hope and wish all of you are safe and sound!

I'm sure this is not the first time and last either that the topic related to International Schooling is discussed in any expat forum, but I still like to seek advise as the priorities may differ.

We are an Indian origin family with 2 children, having lived abroad in Scandinavia and now in Canada since last 14 years.

We are relocating to Chennai for good (TN is our home state) in July this year, as perfect a home coming it sounds but not without the apprehensions with our kids coping up with schooling there.

The boys have been in International schools in Sweden (IB curriculum) and now in Canada with local provincial curriculum. We are looking to admit them in Grade-9 and Grade-7 respectively.

We need some earnest advise on the choice of schools, with our requirement sets as below:

1- School with International curriculum that focuses on holistic development of child (academics, sports, arts, soft skills)
2- Regional languages (Tamil, Hindi) as optional and not mandatory, with a flexibility to choose foreign languages such as French as 2nd and/or 3rd languages.
3- School that helps prepare children for their graduation in universities within India and abroad, if only for abroad then that's OK as well.
4- Multi-cultural exposure with teachers and kids from around the world, an epitome of truly international school.
5- School tuition fees that are not geared towards just expats who are here short term and taken care by employment. We are on a local contract, but are OK to pay the price for quality education
6- Work place is in OMR perungudi, not a hard requirement but schools close by would be definitely more appealing.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience / advise, looking forward to hear

Kind Regards,
Nagarajan

Chennai Forum

Our Global Partners