Join now

Service Apt / Share House search (Start 26-Sept) (Chennai)

Hi Internations Chennai!

Just accepted a position with a container terminal facility at Chennai Port, Royapuram and will be moving to Chennai from Bangalore by 26-Sept. I will be based in Chennai for a few months, then will get posted elsewhere.

Writing on the forum wall seeking information about housing, transport and information to familiarise myself with the city before touchdown.

Housing: What is good area to stay considering that I will be working at the port. I am looking for a comfortable Service Apartment / Studio /1 BHK / Shared house house preferably furnished incl AC. Would like to get a maid/cook arranged. Want to restrict the travel time to/from work to 30 mins each way. My budget is 20k pm (negotiable).

Post work: Is there generally an entertainment district in Chennai, what are the popular night sports with good music. Was thinking of resuming some yoga classes, cycling and golf. Would any of you know good avenues for these activities?

Transport: How good is the local transport system in Chennai. If any of you have a good second hand car for lease/rent/sale, do let me know.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Tejas Nataraj
Protected content
Protected content