Join now

Chiang Mai Education (Tough Choices in CM)

Hi/Sawasdee Krubp /\

My name is Mark Beaumont, I have been living in Thailand for over 10 years. I have been an educator 15 years. I have Masters Degree in International Curriculum & Instruction from George Mason University. I am a fully qualified professional. I am here to offer a one time free consultation to what Chiang Mai has to offer in the way of schools; it is not a pretty picture. I am a proponent of home-schooling; however, I am not only familiar with he school options in Chiang Mai, I have worked in both the local and national international and national school community; again, this options are not pretty. Below I will post a blurb as we are seeking a few more children to join our group of home-schooling families. Feel free to contact me via Inter National or Dreams Come True Education and I will be happy to share what I can to help families make more informed decisions about their child's education. Kindly, Mark (please continue reading below).

Tired of the Schooling Options in Chiang Mai? (YOU ARE NOT ALONE)

Protected content

“Creativity is as important as literacy.” ― Ken Robinson

“When children are interested, learning happens." Surgata Mitra

We are currently seeking non-profit status; however, this will take 6 to 12 months to acquire. In the meantime, we will work as a Cooperative Homeschooling group of families.

We are looking for families in Chiang Mai who may be interested ‘homeschooling’ their children.

We are looking only seeking the addition of about 6 more children and perhaps a few teens.

We offer a homeschooling environment that is extremely rich in activity: art, music, trips/travel, helping others, gardening, working with animals and the earth, cooking, playing and fun, life-learning, outdoor education and so much more… Let’s get our children together, have fun and nurture their hearts and minds with fun and love.

The homeschooling program in general: English as language of instruction, trans-disciplinary, inquiry-based, child-centered, whole-life-learning, interest-driven (please read the book, The Element by Ken Robinson) and I promise you the best possible program based on current research and practice (contact me and let’s talk). We have a highly qualified and experienced group of educators working on this project…

We have an excellent music department (piano, guitar, ukulele, harmonica, and we will be including bass and some drums and whatever else evolves).

We have a well rounded program with academic emphasis on reading and writing and a general emphasis on whole-life learning largely driven by student interest (trans-disciplinary curriculum, inquiry for instruction and differentiated assessments). We will teach very little abstract math in the elementary program (please see Finland’s approach); however, math will be taught daily via activities like cooking, gardening, making things, etc.

The possibility of a teen-education option would function in a similar way; however, we will use outside resources to bring whatever math and science a student requires to make their dreams come true.

We plan a very exciting learning community (school but NOT like school) where all children may thrive; we aim to help children to find their passion (their element as Ken Robinson puts it) and to learn about life, humanity and the universe all in a kind/caring and supportive atmosphere.

We are going to run the program with some animals and a garden: chickens, ducks, dog, goats, rabbits etc; garden, pottery, dance, large classroom (NOT traditional classrooms), swimming pool, artwork, music studio (jam space with instruments and recording equipment), fields of green for play, plenty of nature to nurture accordingly, huge kitchen and whatever else evolves along the way.

Please email me if you are interested, know someone who may be interested or just want to talk about homeschooling, un-schooling, whole-life learning, multi-cultural education, emotional quotient, or education in general.

A great place to interact with other home-schoolers in Chiang Mai:

Protected content

Kindest regards,
Dreams Come True Education

Protected content

Chiang Mai Forum

Our Global Partners