Join now

Work permit for the self employed? (Chiang Mai)

Hi Guys,

I'm self employed working over the internet and I was wondering whether it's possible to get a self employed work permit if I wished to stay beyond the Protected content double entry visa? If so, do you know what paperwork I'll need (e.g. copies of previous tax returns)?

As you can imagine, there's a lot of conflicting (and risky) advice online about this, and nothing concrete that I can find. Even my local Thai consulate didnt know.

I plan on making Chiang Mai my home for a few years, both for the lifestyle and t the internet marketing community I hear so much about.



Chiang Mai Forum

Our Global Partners