Destination Service Consultants Needed- Lisle, IL (Chicago)
Global LT ( Protected content ) provides language, cultural, and mobility services for corporate expatriates and their families. We are looking for Destination Service Consultants (DSC) to help our clients in Lisle, IL get acclimated to the area.
The Destination Services Consultant (DSC) assists international employees (Assignees) who are relocating to their city or repatriating after the end of their corporate transfer. Programs delivered are either part of the relocation process or departure process.
Assistance for relocation is accomplished in two separate phases:
- First Phase: Assignee visits the area prior to the relocation for approximately three to five days. At that time the DSC will assist with various tasks, e.g. seeing the area, finding a place to live, banking, schools, etc. The Assignee returns to their home country and approximately four weeks later returns for the Second Phase, “settling in”.
- Second Phase: Upon the return of the Assignee, the consultant will continue to assist with the relocation process, which could include the commencement of the inventory, registering the children for school, visiting the social security office, getting a driver’s license, etc.
The departure process begins once an Assignee is ready to repatriate. At this time, the DSC will assist the Assignee with notifying the landlord, conducting a walkthrough of the property (to receive the housing deposit back), and other related tasks.
We are confirming the amount of time that will be needed to work with each employee. However, a coordinator from Global LT will be of assistance throughout the entire program.
The DSC should be dynamic and adaptable and have a passion for the local community. They must have:
- Extensive knowledge of the area, i.e. medical facilities, schools, community activities
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and email
- Flexible availability during the day
- Fluency in written and spoken English (other languages not required)
- Reliable newer vehicle (4-door preferred) – the DSC will be transporting the Assignee for some settling-in services
- Valid driver’s license
Factors that are a plus, but not required: multilingual; experience with domestic or international moving; previous experience in relocation or destination services, bachelor's degree or equivalent.
If interested, please submit a resume to Protected content . Thank you.