Join now

Oct 1 roommate for 3br/1ba in Lincoln Park (Chicago)

We are a 25 year old female Filipino transplant and 29 year old male Mexican-American looking for a third roommate in our Protected content ft (~111 sq meters) 3 bedroom/1 bath apartment available on October 1st. It's located on Sheffield Avenue and Dickens in the heart of Lincoln Park on a beautiful, tree-lined street, in a neighborhood packed with shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, gym/fitness/yoga studios with a community of students, young professionals and families. Very safe, street parking available and close to public transit; 1.5 blocks away from the Armitage bus stop and brown line el stop Protected content to downtown), and 3 blocks away from the Fullerton bus stop and el stop (red, purple and brown line trains).

The building has 4 units including the basement, and is a pretty quiet building. The upstairs neighbors are 3 guys in their late 20s, and 3 ladies who work/go to DePaul University. Downstairs is the owner's unit. Our landlord's son uses the space as his office. Each bedroom has different dimensions (about 10 x 8 feet or 3 x 2.5 m) and 2 of 3 bedrooms have a closet. There is one shared four-piece tile bathroom, with a separate claw foot tub, shower, sink, toilet and built in floor to ceiling cabinet and shelves. Amenities include hardwood floors, exposed brick and white walls, wood burning fireplace, high ceilings, central air conditioning/heat, a built-in cabinet in the hallway, and nice, large windows. The kitchen has stainless steel appliances including a dishwasher, and has a huge walk-in pantry. We have a private back deck, and coin-operated washer & dryer in the basement. There is a shared patio out in the back with a charcoal grill. The property is very well-maintained and secure.

Rent is $2,700 total so $900 each before utilities. Security deposit is 1.5x rent, and there is a non-refundable $100 application fee that covers your credit/employment/background check. We would be responsible for and split the bills for wifi internet, gas and electric (water and trash are always included in rent in Chicago). No pets allowed per the landlord. This housing would be perfect for a young professional who is new to Chicago, needs access to public transportation, and wants to meet new people!

We are non-smokers and social drinkers. He is an (american) football/ hockey/ baseball fan and goes to a lot of games. I don't really care about sports except for soccer, however, we do watch some games together at the bars with friends. We are both clean and organized (i.e. hate clutter), responsible, respectful, and fun. I grew up in the Philippines/ Thailand/ Singapore and have lived in Chicago for almost three years. My roommate is from the Chicagoland area and is bilingual (Spanish and English). We have both lived on the east coast before, have traveled a lot both domestic and international, and are great with meeting new people. We can get along with pretty much anyone, but prefer people who are kind and considerate. We like to keep pretty active and busy, and when at home do things like relax, watch movies on apple tv, cook and clean. We don't throw big parties at home during the week, but entertaining people for dinner is always fun. We prefer to socialize outside the apartment and are weekend warriors, though the occasional Thursday night out is never a bad time ;)

Please contact me if you have any questions, are interested, or know of someone who might be a good fit. I can send you pictures and my contact information. Thanks!