Northland Laboratories is currently seeking aggressive, results oriented, experienced sales professionals in the Chicagoland area and outside the Chicagoland area that must have proven success opening new accounts. The ideal candidate must have experience calling Quality Assurance and Research & Development professionals of medium to large size companies. Food industry laboratory testing sales or similar technical background selling is a plus. The ideal candidate must have exceptional hunting and closing skills in a competitive marketplace and must be able to work independently. You must have prior annual income of $80, Protected content have more than 30% of your income from commission.
Job will entail calling on major food companies to develop new business and maintain existing clients. Local travel or out of town travel of up to 15% is required. Candidates must be proficient in working remotely and using a computer for developing sales and tracking sales activities.
Within 5 business days of receiving your resume you will be sent a link for a screening evaluation. No candidate will be considered for the position that does not complete the evaluation. Do not submit your resume if you do not wish to complete the evaluation.
Please do not contact the company directly for information on this position. Please reply only through the LinkedIn webpages. Thank you.
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of food testing and consulting services for your organization including:
• Chemistry Laboratory Testing
• Microbiology Laboratory Testing
• Shelf Life and Challenge Studies
• Nutrition Labeling
• Food Sensory Research
• Regulatory Support
Skills requirements for this position are:
• Cold calling experience lasting at least 1 full year. 3+ years preferred. Must have cold called within the last calendar year.
• Basic understanding of marketing and marketing principles.
• Must be able to discuss sciences such as microbiology, chemistry, sensory and have a basic understanding of the business to business sales cycle.
• Use of CRM package(s). Goldmine experience preferred. Experience with other CRM packages such as ACT!, salesforce.com, or similar programs will be considered.
• Polished presentation skills including developing PowerPoint presentations and all ancillary materials.
• Experience in selling services desirable.
• Use of online prospecting software and/or websites.
• Microsoft Office Suite software.