Join now

Sharing knowledge and resources (Chisinau)

Hi !

I'm relatively new to InterNations and I have therefore decided to post my profile.

My name is Daniel, I'm Swiss citizen and living in Moldova as a permanent resident since October Protected content . Since my arrival, I have gathered lots of experience in daily moldovan life (and sometimes troubles, too)

Until Protected content was living in Switzerland, made a professional training at Swisscom in Zurich in the area of telecommunication operations (call center operations). Then I worked in different fields, especially in banking (today known asl Six Pay Group in the area of credit cards).

After a short stay of 6 month in Atlanta, Georgia/USA I relocated to Bremen, Germany where I got a formation as educator (worked later in child&youth psychiatry, orphanages, etc. as well as an entertainement park) until Protected content . During 2 years, I studied natural medicine at Paracelsus Paramedic School in Bremen with certificate (Heilpraktiker) or medical practitioner in english).

At that time internet technologies were emerging and I decided to switch. In self learning I got educated into networking, server administration, e-commerce. At the end of Protected content , I got an offer to relocate to Eastern Europe to lead an internet project.

In october Protected content relocated to Chisinau, Moldova were I registered a company working in the field of multimedia and IT. In December Protected content got married.

However, I was diagnosed with a genetic, incurable disease and I had to limit my activities. From Protected content Protected content graduated from the New York Institute of Photography. In Protected content graduted from Berklee College of music in computer based music production.
Because of my health issue, I also graduated in Protected content nutritionist from the Sports Academy in Saarbrücken, Germany.

From Protected content February Protected content had to undergo 6 medical surgeries in Switzerland that heavily increased my quality of life - however, some disabilities remain limiting my physical capacities. Then I returned to Moldova to rebuild my professional activities and get back to tmy family (newborn son in August Protected content . Since August Protected content also an accredited journalist for a german press agency. In my past, I was involved in radio and TV broadcasting in Switzerland and Germany.

Because I had no certification in IT, I decided in December Protected content restart studies at the Fernakademie Hamburg in network and server management that I should complete until Protected content .

I'm fluently speaking (oral, written) english, german and french. I speak some basic russian and romanian with my family. Since Protected content , I'm also member of the Swiss-Moldovan Chamber of Commerce.

My personal interests are: IT, Networks, Music and Video Production, Books, Education, Psychology, Photography, Movies, Abstract/Modern Painting (esp. acrylics), Cooking, Tourism, Cultures, Horses, Water Sports (Deep Sea Diver License) Winter Sports, Discovery Channel and National Geographics fan (as well as all other documentary channels)
What I don't like: Group Sports like Football, Crowds like concerts, religious fanatism, violence

I can help anyone with:
- computers, servers, networks
- multimedia production (audio/music, photo/video)
- events (I have a mobile Protected content PA system with accessories for professional DJ, Karaoke or Microphones)
- consulting regarding nutrition or how to get the best health care in Moldova (sometimes with a little help from abroad because the moldovan health system is ugly)
- consulting regarding import/export because customs are a huge headache and I can help moldovan businesses to establish ties with Western European partners
- IT, Telecommunication and Surveillance solutions for home or businesses
- Procurement of material from Western Europe or the USA that is unavailable in Moldova
- Consulting for moldovan based e-commerce
- I have a large collection of literature and video tutorials in english, german and french (especially on the topics of Music Production, Art, Medical, Natural Sciances, IT - but this is not limited to those topics). Many are available as eBooks but I have also lots of printed books
- share my experience as expat in Moldova since Protected content how to overcome problems, respect regulations, create a business, etc.
- sharing of experiences in the fields of education, psychology and journalism with NGO's, charities, medias or even political think tanks
- offering solutions to authors who want to publish books/music/videos and distribute them via Amazon or other retailers worldwide. I have myself published a children's book from Moldova distributed worldwide by Amazon
Protected content
As a composer, my songs are registered at SUISA and published on different platforms by the interprets or distributors
- if you just want to discuss your ideas with someone with intense curiosity , real motivation and a broad solid knowledge - or just searching for a friend to talk to in Chisinau
- I have currently a collection of about Protected content and german movies as DVD. Because they are originals, they may also have an english track but I never used it. So if you have the blues for some movies get in touch...

I spent most of my life as expat abroad. My studies, jobs and life abroad have changed me forever and there is a lot of knowledge and resources that I can share. You are welcome to contact me.

If you want to get in touch, please do not reply via InterNations but use one of the following contact methods:
Email Protected content
Phone Protected content , this is a Swiss phone number... but works in Moldova)
Mobile Protected content or just Protected content Moldova

I live with my family in Chisinau/Ciocana

I usually participate at the InterNations meetings in Chisinau

Greetings
Daniel

Chisinau Forum