Join now

Environmental Conservation Professional Available (Cologne)

Please contact me (via private message) if your organisation requires an environmental conservation professional with the skills and experience listed below. I am available to start as of July Protected content sooner) and can commit to temporary and permanent work assignments.

---

I am an environmental conservation professional from Canada, who is keenly interested in environmental science, policy and planning within Europe.

My academic background is in natural resources management via universities in Finland, Italy, Latvia and Canada. My specialties include strategic environmental assessment, environmental and social impact assessment, ecosystem services assessment, environmental policy analysis, coastal management, urban planning and forestry. Through my studies in Europe, I am well-versed in the key environmental management challenges and corresponding initiatives within the European Union.

I also have 8+ years of work experience within different institutional settings (government, non-profit, educational)
spanning the environmental, urban planning, public health and social services sectors. I have held responsibilities in research, project coordination, stakeholder liaison, fundraising and database management. Most noteworthy of my work experiences are researching methodologies and tools for ecosystem services assessments (Aronia Institute of Research & Development, Finland) and preparing reports on prospects for conservation and philanthropic partnerships and conducting research on environmental flow methodologies and thresholds (World Wildlife Fund, Canada). I am also trained in programme and project management (design, delivery, monitoring, assessment) via the World Wildlife Fund and European Conservation Coaches Network.

Cologne Forum