Join now

Football team and Learning German (Cologne)

Hi all,

I posted on here previously regarding rooms and I have to say it was incredibly difficult to find! But alas, I've found something (for the short term at least) and settling into cologne quite nicely!

Right enough of my life story! I would very much like to know if anyone could advise me on any local football teams in the region. I would like to back into football as I haven't played on a regular basis for over a year now and it's killing me! So if anyone knows of a local team (English speaking would be preferable but not essential) who plays on a regular basis or even just a kick about, do get in contact.

Secondly, I've been in the country for over a year now (previously living in Munich) and I don't speak a word of German! Well maybe a little bit, but clearly not enough for the length of time I've been here. So I was thinking of the idea of meeting up, maybe once a week to learn some German and in return would offer some kind of help with English. I must stress I'm no Shakespeare, but I could offer something of use on a conversational level. So if anyone would like to meet up for a coffee and have a multilingual chat get in contact!

Take care,
Marc

Cologne Forum

Our Global Partners