Join now

Adam's Peak _ off season climb (Colombo)

hello guys,

Aloha....I'm Rahal, a Sri Lankan living in Colombo.

I'm going to climb Adam's Peak in the first weekend of August (1st-2nd Aug) with some of my co workers at SriLankan Airlines and some other friends. (total 9)

I thought of taking any one of you as a guest because I know most of my foreign friends are dying to climb it one day. It is such a beautiful trek in the off season due to non presence of human civilization. ( no humans, no electricity, no shops or what so ever) Just nature !

Anyway it's not practical to go there as a large group so I would like to take ONLY 1 PERSON ( or a couple) from here ( preferably a male due to adverse weather and geographical conditions expected, but a brave lady is always welcomed)

Here's how it happen guys. Please send me a private message or reply to this thread. Anyone who's coming first will be taken. I DO NOT NEED MONEY, just pay for yourself. I can say it would not cost you more than LKR Protected content ( we intend to use public transport and of course you dont have luxury hotels in the peak wilderness sanctuary) if anyone is interested in joining I will give him all the information once confirmed.

Please note this guys -

* We intend to use Erathna route which is known to be the hardest. Since it is the middle of off season, the risk is high. Extreme weather conditions such as continuous rain, thick mist is very common. Also the breeding season for the wildlife. PLEASE calculate the risk factor before you attend.

* I offer this as a sharing of goodwill to a person who usually has a rare chance to visit there in the off. So I'm happy to take an EXPAT because locals can visit anytime. Any foreign national is welcomed !

* Days are fixed at the moment however can be changed due to adverse weather conditions.

Please feel free to ask if you have any concerns.

Thanks
Rahal Mudalige

Colombo Forum

Our Global Partners