Join now

Cool places to stay for weekend break (Colombo)

Hi all
Here are two places I wanted to share with you all, run by friends of mine. Mention my name and ask for a discount!:

Protected content .

Just 50 minutes north of Colombo, with a fantastic 20 years experienced Italian Chef there. It is a huge Swedish designed and built villa – very nice one indeed.

For rates, go to the site, but packages also available if full board.

Big, new and luxurious – it is really high end

Food – from the professional Italian Chef

On the lagoon for boating, etc. and across the road is the sea! So, best of both worlds

Large landscaped garden with large pool, summer house, sun decks, etc.

5 double bedrooms – all with AC, etc. Sleeps 8 comfortably.

----

The other place is 2 hours from Kandy, excellent for a weekend or short break retreat from city life, situated in beautiful knuckles hills

Protected content

run by sri lankan/US family

It borders the Knuckles Conservation Area. The Chalet is surrounded by mist capped mountains, stunning valleys, impressive rock formations, crystal clear water falls, and streams, a rich diversity of animal and plant life, traditional villages and hospitable people. The area is a unique blend of nature, culture and adventure.

Four luxury rooms with attached bathroom, hot water and balcony. Each luxury room can comfortably sleep three people.
One luxury suite with it’s own living room and loft, separate bedroom, attached bathroom with hot water and a patio. The luxury suite can comfortably sleep six people.
There is a large common living room with fireplace and a large balcony which has a panoramic view. Books to enjoy reading while a guest, National Geographic magazines and games for enjoyment.
A large inside dining area is situated above the common living room. Depending on the weather dining can be on the balcony can be arranged.
A power supply by water turbine is available for limited hours during the rainy season. Diesel generator power available for limited hours when the water turbine is not available.
Eastern and Western food available.
Mobile phone reception is limited, some carriers are available on site while others may be accessed by walking up the road a Protected content .

Contact Viji Protected content

Colombo Forum

Our Global Partners