Join now

Driver for hire - please share and pass on (Colombo)

Mr. Kumar comes from a respectable Tamil family, and was recommended by Mr Nalin, long-time driver for friends of ours who have lived in Sri Lanka for 19 years. He has 11 years of experience as a company driver (he can drive automatic and manual and has a valid driving licence, he worked previously for a logistics company, so knows the city well), lives in Torrington Avenue, and has a motorbike to get to and from work. He is married and has a son who is 4. He has high school qualifications (3 A' levels) and speaks English, Tamil and Singhala. He's pleasant and hard-working, always on time (in fact, comes to work early), and happy to go with the flow of a busy expat family. He's got initiative and follows instructions well, and always double checks if he is not clear. Our kids really took to him, especially my boys. I'm keen to help him find a position.

He is a practicing Hindu and got on well with our with our three household staff - a muslim tamil, buddhist tamil and hindu tamil. He can work weekends if necessary, but on Saturday afternoons he is secretary for a cricket club from 3pm, so is keen to get back to the club if you don't need him to work for you then. He can make arrangements if you do need him on the weekend though, just let him know beforehand.

Please contact Mr. Kumar direct on Protected content Protected content arrange for an interview. I said I would be advertising his availability, so he will be expecting calls. If you already have a driver, please pass on his details.

do give me a call ifyou have any questions on Protected content

Many thanks, much appreciated
Jessica
:)

Colombo Forum