Join now

English - Looking for work in Colombo

Hi, I am from the UK living in Colombo and currently looking for work opportunities here this year. My background is in Leisure, Travel and Tourism but am willing to try my hand in other areas.

I have most recently worked in the UK for a ferry operator called Condor Ferries which is a high speed car ferry service to the Channel Islands and France. I was their Crewing Coordinator within the Crewing Management Team and my role was primarily the sole contact for crew and business travel and accommodation. I also had additional responsibilities in crew rosters, certification, training and administration and any ad-hoc duties to assist the Marine, Operations and Crewing department.

Previous to this and still with Condor Ferries I was the Team Leader for the Reservations contact centre, this was a call centre with a team of around 20 people taking holiday bookings for the company. With this role my duties were to supervise, monitor and encourage the quality of work and work output, train and appraising staff on customer service. Monitoring calls with feedback sessions. General administration and Health and Safety representative.

If anyone is looking for a hard working English speaking person please get in touch or if you are aware of any work going then do let me know.

Many thanks,

James

Colombo Forum