Join now

Excellent driver, nanny/cook, cleaner. July 2012 (Colombo)

It is time for us to leave Sri Lanka, and we are keen to find good employment places for our three dedicated staff, who work excellently as a team - Jessie our cleaner, Dewi our nanny and Ajith our driver. They would like to keep working as a team, but would accept jobs in different homes. If you are new to Sri Lanka, looking for extra staff, or wanting to upgrade existing staff, look no further.

Jessie is hard working, trustworthy, and reliable. She has been working for expat families for many years, three years for us. A fantastic, no nonsense cleaner, with a can do attitude. Works extremely well with other staff in our household, completely self sufficient. Manages small budget for household cleaning items. Does occasional babysitting for our three year old boys, including children's meals. One sick day leave in three years. Lives in Colombo 08 and would like to work in Colombo.
Her working hours are 07:00 to 16:00, Monday to Friday (but can work half day Saturday if needed). Current monthly salary is 22,000 rupees, plus a year end bonus December (13th month), paid holidays and sick leave. Takes poya and Sundays off. References supplied.
If you would like to interview Jessie, call Protected content . Can start work 15 July Protected content earlier for right job.

Dewi is a first class nanny. We can highly recommend her, not only for her competence , but for the genuine care she shows our three children - my daughter's 11 now, and my twin boys were just 8 months when I hired her three years ago. Devi has remained loyal and hard working from day one. She has a happy disposition and endless patience with the kids! Her previous experience includes working for a British High Commission family who had nine children.

Since she started with us, Devi has taken on progressively harder tasks, and was trained by our Thai nanny whom we brought from Thailand to help us in our first year here. Dewi's English is good (both written and spoken) and she took evening classes for a year. She is an accomplished seamstress, and makes clothes for our children. She has a full driving license and basic computer skills. She can cook a wide menu of dishes. Italian, Thai, French, English and Sri Lankan including children's meals. She has first aid training in looking after infants and young children. When our cleaner is on holiday, Dewi cleans, irons, etc. Dewi manages a budget for weekly household shopping.

Dewi has come on holidays with us and looked after the children when my husband and I were both away from home at the same time. I trust her with my children, and do not worry when I have to go out of town for a few days.

Her salary is 30,000 a month with December bonus of one month (13th month), medical expenses, sick leave and paid holidays. She is looking for a live out position. Will consider working as a live in (with Friday and Saturday night off). Working 6 days a week, 07:00 to 17:00, Poya and Sundays off. References supplied.

If you would like to interview Dewi, please call Protected content . Can start work 15 July Protected content earlier for right job.

Ajith is truly an excellent driver. He drives very carefully, is always reliable at school pick up and drop off, polite and courteous, neat and tidy, and extremely punctual. Ajith has worked for many expat families and has impressive references. He came highly recommended by his previous employers, a Japanese family working at UN. He speaks some Japanese. He has a motorbike and a three wheeler so when the buses are on strike he still gets to work on time. If the car goes in to the garage for servicing, Ajith brings the three wheeler to use around town, while we wait for the car to come back. He has also driven us on holidays to Bentota and is comfortable with long distance driving. In addition to making sure the car is well serviced and maintained, Ajith runs general errands for us, does odd jobs like paying bills, and does all the market weekly shop for fruit and vegetables. I really can't recommend him highly enough.

His basic salary is 25,000 a month, plus overtime at Protected content an hour, bonus payment in December (13th month) paid holidays and sick leave. His daily working hours are 07:00 to 17:00, with Sundays and Poya days off. References supplied.

If you would like to interview Ajith, please call Protected content . Can start 15 July or earlier for right job.

You can also call me to discuss further on Protected content . Please share with friends you know are looking for good quality staff.

Thanks
Jess

Colombo Forum