Join now

Horse Riding (Colombo)

Are your children interested in Horse Riding?

Colombo Horse Riding Academy is a new, purpose built facility within Colombo City limits - about 15 mins from Rajagiriya or Battaramulla areas. We are surrounded by beautiful nature and open countryside - healthy for horses, and we can ride over a larger area.

We have a few different programmes, depending on the interest of the rider:

Horseriding Introduction Course:
This gives a really good range of experiences - formal lessons to learn riding skills, combined with trekking in the countryside, various games and exercises to gain confidence, and introduction to horsecare. We designed the programme to give the most value within each session, and so that the riders can enjoy the experience as much as possible.
Certification will be awarded for the completion of all units.
Teenagers and children Protected content .
The Course runs over a two-month period, in Saturday morning sessions. The next registrations will be for September/October.

Pony Day:
This is an fun introduction session to our riding school for children Protected content old) and teenagers. It involves a ride in the arena and outside along the lake, as well as a few challenges & games and getting to know our horses.
We hold a Pony day every two weeks or so, on a weekend afternoon. There are limited places, so booking ahead is important. rs. 2,000/-.

I can also arrange private riding lessons, which are a half-hour inside our riding arena.
Times are available each week depending on availability.

You can see updates for the riding school in our facebook page - Colombo Horse Riding Academy

It will be great to talk with those interested. I have been living in Colombo for 3 years now. I was trained in riding during my younger years in New Zealand. You can contact me on Protected content Protected content

Zoe - Head Instructor

Colombo Forum

Our Global Partners