Join now

InterNations Colombo Events and Activity Groups

ADVANCE NOTICE
As you will probably be aware, I have recently been appointed InterNations Colombo Ambassador. I shall be responding personally to all those who sent me messages over the past week or so. In the meantime, I should just like to outline briefly my plans for Protected content . I will shortly announce the location for monthly Events by email, but wish to finalise arrangements first before doing so. The proposed location is a pleasant private room in a members' Club in Colombo 7. Outline plan as follows:
Monday, 26th January: LAUNCH MEETING
18:30 to 21:00 (formal meeting ends, but Members and Guests may stay on, subject to consent of venue management).
Tickets for both Basic and Albatross Members will be Rs 500

COMMENCING FEBRUARY Protected content
2nd Monday of month - Open Meeting (Event)
4th Monday of month - Expats Forum (Event) - restricted to expat members only - as result of feedback from InterNations Head Office
Timing (provisional) 18: Protected content (formal meeting will close, but InterNations members may stay until bar closes (23:00, subject to Club policy)

3rd Friday of month - DinnerNations (Activity Group)
Activity Group Consul (probably myself - further details to follow).

In line with InterNations global policy, all Events will in future be Ticketed. This is my view essential, as venue and administration costs must be funded, but the ticket price is being kept at a modest level:
Albatross Members Rs 500, Basic Members Rs 1,800

Basic Members will be permitted to attend TWO meetings at Albatross rate, after which full Basic Member rate will be chargeable.

Events will include first drink free: (provisional) choice of:
White or red wine
Local lager
Local vodka, gin or arrack plus mixer
Soft drink (choice to be discussed with venue)

Subsequent drinks at Members' Club prices.

I am in the process of appointing an Ambassadorial volunteer team to assist me in the running of the Community. Further details to follow.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible over the forthcoming months.

Warmest best wishes

Martin G Straus
Ambasssador, InterNations Colombo

Colombo Forum

Our Global Partners