Join now

Orphans need your help (Colombo)

Views

Hello Everyone!!

I am new to InterNations. I think it's a great website which helps expats to adjust to a new life in a different country!

I have been living in Colombo for just 3 months now. Recently, I started volunteering for local orphanage Al Noor. I teach English there. We also play cricket and badminton after classes, so It's a lot of fun! I have time only on weekends since I work during the week. The orphanage is quite small, there are just 9 lovely boys there. Al Noor is run by one family and needs a lot of community support which unfortunately is not there...There are people who come and help as they can. But, as I see people are not willing to dedicate even least amount of their free time to help these kids. These kids need care and support, they are innocent and not guilty that they were destined to become orphans but I am sure that we - community can do something to make the kids feel loved and cared for.

Any kind of your contribution would mean a world to these kids. If you are willing to make a contribution, visit the kids or volunteer and spend time with them, please feel free to contact me. If there will be a lot of feedbacks from you we can even organize a day visit to the orphanage or something. If you have any ideas on how to help those kids, please share your ideas. It would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much! Let's put a smile on a child's face and help them to become a man, an asset to society!

Kind Regards,
Marta

Colombo Forum

Our Global Partners