Join now

Places to go, things to do (Colombo)

Views

Hi everyone!

At the last Internations event it seemed like there were a lot of people wondering where they can go and what they can to do meet new people and network further! I wanted to share some of what I do as a start, and if others have some more ideas, please post them here!

Quiz Nights:
Tuesdays - Rize Bar
Wednesdays - Barefoot 8:30pm (Galle Rd.) and In on the Green (Galle Face Hotel)
Thursdays - Kamikaze
I've also heard of one on Monday, but I don't know where it is. Anyone? I only go to the Barefoot one so I don't know the times of the others.

Swimming:
There is a masters swim group at the SSC on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 7am. Protected content per month for the coach and 60LKR to swim as a guest of the coach. Of course, that latter 60LKR is waived if you are a member of the SSC already. I think NCC also has a masters swim group?

Happy Hour:
Breeze Bar at the Cinnamon Grand has a great happy hour on Friday nights from 6pm to 8pm with great prices on drinks and snacks. Usually you'll find quite a few groups of expats here and a lot of people milling about. Check it out!

Ultimate Frisbee:
A casually competitive, but very friendly group gets together every Sunday afternoon, 4pm-ish, at the University of Colombo Grounds for a game of Ultimate Frisbee. (A faster paced game takes place on Tuesday mornings). If you're interested in checking this out, let me know.

If you're interested drop me a line at Protected content . Or, leave a post on this thread if you're thinking of doing something and maybe we can get a group together!

Denise :)

Colombo Forum

Our Global Partners