Join now

Death of a Spouse (Copenhagen)

Views

Can someone please help.

I am a Turkish citizen living in Turkey. My belated husband was Danish (Born and raised in Denmark)

He passed away in February - I was not present and his family took care of all the arrangements - we never lived together in Denmark (but for only 3 months of which I was there on a tourist visa)

Long story short - the 'death certificate' that they sent me is insufficient with information - doesn't state my relationship to him or any other biographic or family history.

The family has informed me that "all of his paperwork has been destroyed - I don't know what this means and why they would say such a thing. That they don't even have a copy of his death certificate

I did some reading and need to get in touch with someone who can provide me a death certificate that has a link of us being married

How do I get in touch with any of the parties below?
I have his CPR number if that helps....

- Protected content
When a person dies, a doctor writes a death certificate. If the death occurs at home, a relative must contact the doctor as soon as possible. The family receives the death certificate together with a death report which must be sent to the **Registrar of the State Church**

Death certificate

It is the** Danish National Church** which registers all deaths, irrespective of the religion of the deceased or their family, on behalf of the state. When a person dies, the probate court is automatically informed and summons the immediate family a short time after death. Here, it is decided what will become of the deceased’s possessions and personal eff ects.

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Copenhagen Forum