Join now

In Desperate Need of a Place to Live (Copenhagen)

Hello everybody!

This is my inaugural InterNations post, and as such it marks the start of my international adventures in Denmark, therefore it is only fitting that I ask about housing. I'm a student, and I'm beginning my master's at KU in September, but I am moving to Denmark on 16/08. I am in need of a room, preferably in Nørrebro, but anywhere north of Sydhavn is great. I've been struggling a lot to find somewhere, I've tried all the university channels, and either the waiting lists are too long, the rooms are too expensive, or they rent to someone else.

I'm getting quite nervous, but I'm forever optimistic that my knight in shining apartment will send me a rental agreement, and we can live happily ever after (or at least for the next two years). My needs are small, but my need is great. I am looking for anything in the region of Protected content to Protected content . I have to be able to get a CPR, and it would ideally be a room of at least 12 m^2.

I have an international background, I spent the first 5 years of my life in Switzerland, then moved to England, and I have worked for some time in Germany, visiting every country I can in between. I'm a pretty nerdy guy, I'm into music and films. Denmark is a great place for both, as there are some brilliant films and tv coming out of there, and the music is also very good. I love science (even the really ugly, boring bits) and I spend a large amount of my time studying, because I want to do a PhD. I don't smoke, have no pets, and I don't party that often. I cook very well, and I like to share my food - I won't force it upon anybody though. If anybody knows of anywhere/anyone that I could contact, that would be brilliant.

Help me InterNation, You're my only hope.

- Max.

Copenhagen Forum