Join now

The Danish thing to do in Copenhagen - share your ideas!

Hej, I wonder if anyone could share their knowledge about fun "Danish" things to do in Copenhagen?
My suggestions so far would be:
+ Eat "smørebrød" (= Danish open face sandwiches) at e.g. at Cafe Sorgenfri ( Protected content - reserve!). The only place I know with ISO certified roast pork.
+ buy flowers at the flowershop in front of Magasin (they really are cheaper and better =;-)
+ drink a "Gammeldansk" & beer (= set), e.g. at Hvids Vinstue (Kongens Nytorv)
+ eat "sportskage" at the La Glace bakery&confectionery. Protected content . Danmarks oldest btw.
+ eat Icecream - especially at Langelinie. Every Dane has been there with their family =;-) !
+ buy a season ticket to Tivoli - Protected content . Tivoli doubles also as a playground for the young =)
+ go to Amager Strandpark for a run or weekend fun with the entire family Protected content
+ Celebrate "Stk. Hans aften" (summersolstice) with huge bonfires
+ hang your childrens' pacifier on a tree in Frederiksberg have (when the children are parting with this best friend of theirs...)
+ visit bakken in the summer - a huge park with tivoli like mechanical games just north of Copenhagen Protected content . The world's oldest amuesment park, featuring e.g. The world Santa congress,Cirkusrevyen (summer-cabaret-show), opening motocycle parade
+ go jogging. fx. in Castellet - Europe's best-presereved 17th century defense complex
What do you say? Please add your thoughts =)
Tobias

Copenhagen Forum

Our Global Partners