Join now

YOGA - lecture and practice in Copenhagen

Ahimsa Yoga Studio invites you to an introductory workshop on yoga followed by 1hour yoga practice.

Date and time: 29th May from 17:00 to 18.30
Price: 20 Kr.
The number of participants is limited to 30 places

Place: Ahimsa Yoga Studio
Gammel Kongevej Protected content
Protected content

The word yoga means "union" in Sanskrit, the language of ancient India where yoga originated. We can think of it as the union occurring between mind, body, and spirit.

Yoga has been practiced for over Protected content .

Though classical hatha yoga we want to convey yoga in a healthy, safe and fun way. Hatha is a very general term for slow-paced and gentle yoga, and can provide a good introduction to the basic yoga poses.

Positions are performed in sequence for proper alignment. We work with physical postures, breathing techniques and concentration.

Some of yoga's numerous benefits - for example, increased flexibility, postural alignment, low-back strength, abdominal tone, stress reduction, stops fluctuations of the mind.

This evening we’ll talk about “What yoga is” and work with some of the basics asanas (physical postures).

Everybody is welcome to join the lecture and practice. It is never too late to work on one’s flexibility, strength and endurance.

Remember to bring comfortable clothes for the practice.

Reviews from people attending Ahimsayoga:

Protected content less than fantastic!” Lene Sperling

Protected content Very good, very dedicated teacher ” Lea Nordentoft

” RICKI YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I LOVE THE WAY YOU TAKE THE TIME TO ADJUST AND HELP ME GET INTO ALL THE POSES...THANKS SO MUCH. I AM A BIG FAN!!!” Vicki Lang

“I love Ricky’s work. Besides teaching yoga in a fun way, he focuses in different positions all the time. Never is the same from one day to the other. He goes deep in his work and he is always ready to correct our positions during the practice. After few days practicing yoga I could notice my better posture.” Beatriz Alvarez

”Jeg føler mig velkommen. Øvelserne bliver godt instrueret og tempoet til at følge med i. Efter første time følte jeg mig glad og i godt humør. Jeg glæder mig til næste undervisningstime, da yogaen giver mig velvære.” Lone Blauenfeldt

” Ahimsa Yoga Studio er et behageligt sted. Føler sig velkommen. God instruktør der ved hvad han gør og tager hensyn til hver enkel person” Yvette Klose

”Meget lækker lyst lokale, med fint udstyr og hyggelig stemning, god lære med dejlig humor, stedet kan varmt anbefales.” Mie Høholt

Copenhagen Forum

Our Global Partners