Join now

Dallas (North) Meetup - 28 August at Afghan Grill

Views

As promised, there will be sequels! At least so long as I'm still living in Dallas....

Last month's meetup was a lot of fun! People came from all over the north Dallas area, and a couple of folks even drove up from Houston to attend! We discussed topics including hiring virtual assistants, renouncing US citizenship and the cost of living in various countries.

This meetup is more geared towards people who live in the US that are looking to "plant flags" abroad (e.g., second passports, offshore bank accounts, foreign business structures, etc.), so I didn't think it qualifies as an official IN meetup, but I wanted to put the word out there for those who might be interested (:

The Gritty Details

- What: Meet-up in the North Dallas area at a fancy Middle Eastern restaurant to trade information, share experiences and generally wax international
- Where: Afghan Grill just south of Preston & Frankford in Dallas, TX ( Protected content )
- When: Tuesday 28 August Protected content Protected content 7 PM for all you 12-hour-clockers)
- Who: IMers, SMCers, INers, SCers, WWOOFers... in short, anybody who's internationally-minded is welcome to come!

"Oh, not so far north this time. I see you learned your lesson from the last meetup."

Yup. Shops at Legacy is a fantastic area (and BTW there's lots of great spots to telecommute from there if that's your thing), but I've been to practically every restaurant in the place, and I'm looking to try somewhere new.

Oh, and maybe this location is more convenient to some of you meetup attendees. I guess that's a plus, too.

"Middle Eastern food, huh? Could be exciting."

I sure hope so! I haven't eaten at a place like this in years! If you're a fan – or even if you've never tried it before – come by and join us for dinner.

If you're skeptical, check out the reviews on Yelp ( Protected content ).

If you're still skeptical, let me ask you this: how are you going to travel to a foreign country to open a bank account or apply for residency if you're too scared to experience a foreign cuisine in the comfort of your own country?

"I'll be there!"

Great! Post a reply in the thread or send me a PM to let me know so I can plan.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS RESTAURANT REQUIRES A RESERVATION WITH A HEAD COUNT, SO I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ATTENDING.

Dallas Forum

Our Global Partners