The French-American Chamber of Commerce - Dallas/Fort Worth is looking for a dynamic Executive Director.The Executive Director will possess a deep understanding of the business cultures of both France and the United States, and will be bilingual in French and English. The successful candidate will 1) have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills enabling him/her to interact comfortably and build relations with current and prospective executive-level Chamber members and sponsors; 2) be a “self-starter” with demonstrated leadership skills, able to work with little to no supervision; 3) have strong marketing and/or sales skills to find new members and revenue sources for the Chamber and 4) be a detail-oriented, hands-on manager, running a Protected content non-profit organization with limited staff and budget.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to: Protected content .
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively maintain relationships with existing members and seek out new members.
• Organize seminars, conferences, networking cocktails and other events.
• Develop existing sources and find new sources of funding beyond membership fees and event ticket purchases.
• Draft invitation texts, website updates, marketing products and press releases.
• Oversee the maintenance of the Chamber’s database of members and sponsors.
• Maintain ties with local and national French and U.S. governmental bodies.
• Organize executive committee, board of director and annual meetings.
• Perform the Chamber’s accounting functions: pay bills, salary and wages, enter and send invoices, collect accounts receivable, produce monthly and annual financial reports, pay monthly taxes.
• Bilingual in French and English, with in-depth knowledge of the French and U.S. cultures and the ability to express ideas concisely, articulately and effectively in written and oral communications in both languages.
• A natural extrovert with excellent organizational and presentation skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task with proven operational effectiveness, decisiveness and efficient implementation.
• Fiscally responsible, with the ability to manage a limited budget with a cash flow savvy.
• Team leadership skills to train, manage and motivate paid and volunteer staff.
• Willing to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
• Willing to travel to France and attend national FACC conferences, as required.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business, economics, communications or public relations.
• Experience with fundraising, project management or event planning and coordination.
• Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and accounting software (Quickbooks) and social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook).
• Familiarity with the North Texas Franco-American business community.