Join now

Island Spot – 24 September at 1900 (Dallas)

Views

This is it! I’m leaving for Colombia in three weeks. From there, I’m off to Paraguay, and then… well, I’m leaving it open-ended for now (:

Before I go, I want to invite all of my friends (old, new and soon-to-be!) to join me for one last get-together in the States.

I’ve found a fantastic Caribbean restaurant in the Carrollton area, and I’m looking forward to seeing you there!

_The Gritty Details_

- What: Come by and see me off, meet fellow expats, share experiences and generally wax international.
– Where: The Island Spot just west of Midway off of Trinity Mills ( Protected content )
– When: Monday 24 September Protected content Protected content 7 PM for all you 12-hour-clockers)
– Who: IMers, SMCers, INers, SCers, WWOOFers… in short, anybody who’s internationally-minded is welcome to come!

_“A Caribbean restaurant? Where do you find these places Phoenix??”_

Yelp, mostly. Sometimes on Foursquare (by the way, if you like this place, they’re running a promo; after 5 check-ins on Foursquare, you get a free entrée!).

I’d never had real Caribbean food before, so it seemed like the perfect choice to celebrate my heading out into the great unknown (:

_“OK, how do I find the place?”_

It’s a little tricky to find this venue; Google Maps will technically lead you to the right place, but unless you’ve been there before, you’ll probably have a heck of a time finding it.

If you’re coming from the DNT, take the Trinity Mills exit and go west on Trinity Mills. Google will tell you to take a left on Midway, but don’t let the big G push you around.

I recommend instead that you pass Midway and take the first left. That will put you pretty much at the front door.

And as usual, there will be plenty of parking (:

_“I’ll be there!”_

Great! Post a reply in the thread or send me a PM to let me know so I can plan.

_“Aw Phoenix, I can’t be there, but I still think what you are doing is super awesome!”_

Aw, that’s too bad; I’m sorry I won’t get a chance to see you before I go ):

But send me a message and wish me luck anyway! (:

Dallas Forum

Our Global Partners