I have a client who is looking for an IT Procurement Analyst. This is a contract position with a Fortune Protected content located in Plano, TX. Please contact me if you, or some you know, is interested: Protected content email Protected content
This position is responsible for executing the end-to-end operational IT purchasing and ensuring the IT procurement processes are executed in accordance within the department guidelines.
The Procurement Analyst will perform daily purchasing activities for IT organization’s needs and resource and vendor management through the internal time-tracking system. This includes auditing requests from internal customers, converting approved Purchase Requests (PRs) into Purchase Orders (POs), and managing tax implications on the POs for various purchasing scenarios, create the weekly vendor billing report and resolving various invoice and PO issues.
1. Perform, with general guidance, the sourcing, negotiations and contracting process for software and professional services. This responsibility may also include the establishment of Master Services Agreements and Non-disclosure agreements with new suppliers. (20%)
2. Perform various purchasing functions for the IT
organization which includes creation of POs within defined
SLAs in the SAP MM procurement tool, working with various
stakeholders to define tax implementations for various purchasing
scenarios and implementing appropriate solutions on POs. (15%)
3. Interface with internal customers to address purchasing or SAP related issues, PR or PO changes, Goods Receipt (GR) inquiries and issues resolution. (15%)
4. Refine and optimize the PO process and system configuration. Protected content
Document and implement and train on new purchasing processes.
5. Run reports to facilitate compliance and controls monitoring. (5%)
6. Manage vendor portals for end user purchases. (5%)
7. Manage the resource and vendor billing reports within the internal time-tracking system. (35%)
1) Skills: Minimum: 1 year of related experience
- IT sourcing and contracting knowledge related to software license, support and professional services, including experience negotiating and executing related agreements.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors and internal customers
- General knowledge of procurement of goods and services
- Strong analytical, communication, customer service, and negotiation skills
- Able to work in an environment that is fast-paced and to shift focus rapidly
- Organization skills
- Understanding of sales and use tax implications for indirect materials
- Basic principles of purchasing and internal controls
- Basic knowledge of Accounts Payable
- Basic knowledge of financial accounting (accruals, cost centers and projects)
- Detail oriented
2) Work Experience: Minimum: Protected content of procurement experience;
- In the consumer products industry (preferred)
- With process mapping, documentation, and improvement
- Working with the SAP MM module