Join now

Master degree vs Graduate certificate (Dallas)

Views

Hello folks,

this is my first post here, so I'll introduce myself before stark asking questions.
My name's Alessandro (but I also go by Alex, especially at Starbucks) and I'm from Italy. I moved here to Dallas almost four years ago, and I'm about to move again in the US.
Never got caught into Internations until a month ago or so, and I'm now realizing that I might have missed something.

Anyway, enough of me...the reason I'm writing here is because I was looking into possible educational opportunities in the States and I found that, after a BSc somebody has two options to continue his or her studies: master degree or graduate certificate.
I read a little bit about both and I understood that a graduate certificate is a sort of "selection" of classes that provides you with a more advanced education if compared to a BSc but it's anyway less than a master.

Does anybody here have some more detailed information (or personal opinion or experience that he/she is willing to share) regarding master degrees or graduate certificates?
Is a graduate certificate taken into consideration in a resumè? Are the skills gained through a graduate certificate worth the whole thing or you'd rather go for a Master? How long would it take to get to the end of the Master or the Certificate?

I'll appreciate every info that you could provide me,
thanks for help!
Alessandro

Dallas Forum

Our Global Partners