Join now

Rain or Shine - It is Canoeing time (Dallas)

Views

Dear friends, every year I go down at least once to the Brazos river close to West, TX to canoe down the river to spend a lazy relaxing Saturday on the water... On occasion, I actually had to walk the canoe for a few miles as the river was low, at other times there was no need to paddle as the current did all the work. Who knows what it will be this time around ? I will be leaving Dallas at around 7:30 to 8 AM on Saturday May 22nd and drive down to Dick's Canoe Protected content . It is about a 1.5 to 2 hours drive. Then they will take us with the canoes up to the dam at Lake Whitney where we put in...and depending upon the weather and the current we should be back at Dick's at around 5:30 to 6 pm which puts you back into Dallas no later than 8 pm, unless you want to go to Scarborough Fair, which is on the way... So, if you want to join me on this trip, call the number on the website and tell Richard that you want to join the group of "Michael" and he will gladly take your credit card number for a reservation :-)....if you plan to join, drop me a note so that I know you will be coming....and maybe we can arrange for some car pooling or coordinate the snacks and libations (Ana and Geoff, you have shown the way last year :-)

I will most likely be in a canoe with my son, unless his friend comes down with us, then I would have an empty seat in my canoe. We normally stop off for a few hours to do some fishing and some swimming in the Brazos to cool off. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Non timeo mortem, sed finis vitae

Votre G.O. Michael

Dallas Forum

Our Global Partners