Telecom Field Technician (Dallas)
The Field Technician serves as the principal technical operations representative to our customers in installing and maintaining voice and data products.
Responsible for the installation, modification, testing and servicing of voice and/or data communication/ telecommunication CPE equipment.
Systems include: Key Systems, PBX, Voice Mail, Call Center, and all other peripheral and ancillary equipment.
* Install analog and digital voice and data telecommunications equipment including PBX systems, key systems, and peripherals
* Pulling and terminating CAT5/ CAT6 in commercial environments.
* Rack and stack work, closet work, putting together server racks, patch panels & cut overs.
* Testing cables.
* Troubleshooting networking issues.
* Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for analog and digital voice and data problems and for point to point as well as point to CO applications
* Complete work orders for adds, moves and changes, and repairs in one or more product lines
* Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with all internal and external customers
* Receive, plan and prioritize jobs/work orders on a daily basis
* Submit all paperwork associated with jobs including: time spent per activity, equipment used, services provided, mileage logs, installation forms, site surveys.
* Must own your own basic tools.
* Ability to pass a drug screen, background check and reference check.
* MFG training/ certifications a plus
* HW/SW Certifications preferred
* Solid technical knowledge of product systems
* Ability to handle projects at a complex level
* Ability to work on own with discretion
* Good customer service skills with good communication skills and solid work ethic
* Valid driver’s license, Insurance & reliable transportation.
Some overtime / Weekend / Holiday work may be required
Pay is $12-$18 per hour based upon experience