Join now

Kigali Peace Marathon in Rwanda Fundraiser (Dar es Salaam)

I will be running the Kigali Peace Marathon in Rwanda on May 29th, Protected content have once again been appointed team leader for a group of CUSO and VSO volunteers working in Tanzania. This follows our successful participation in the Kilimanjaro Marathon at the end of February Protected content , where I was the team leader for a group of VSO and CUSO volunteers, and personally raised US$5,450 for education programmes in Tanzania.

This time around a team of us are running for the economic empowerment of women in East Africa. I have set a modest fundraising target this time around of only US$500. You can donate at
Protected content

You sponsorship and support will go to the VSO's Women’s Business Development Fund. This Project Fund will enable East African women to apply for a business development grants of US$250 to start and/or support their own business to secure their livelihood and that of their family. The direct implementation of the funds will be monitored by VSO volunteers in the different regions.

Women bear a greater burden of poverty than men – 70% of people living in poverty are women. Due to systematic discrimination, women are at greater risk of hunger as they are less able to access education, healthcare, landor credit.

Through the empowerment of women and strengthening their economic independence, VSO and CUSO seeks to break the vicious cycle of poverty and put them in charge of their own lives.

I look forward to your support, as little or large as it may be. Again the online donation link is
Protected content

Asante sana
Ishwar

Dar es Salaam Forum

Our Global Partners