Join now

Relocating from Australia, via Chile (Denver)

Hi there

We're an Australian family who currently live in Chile. We will be relocating to Denver at the start of Protected content , our children will be 4 and 6 when we arrive. My husband travels there for work quite often - his company has a branch there - so he is a little familiar with the city but I have never been there.

We will be travelling to Denver in September to look at areas to live in, interviews with schools, get a lay of the land so to speak, but would like some advice from those who live there.

The children will be going to an immersion school to continue learning Spanish, so we are in the process of organising tours/interviews. Where we live will be based on proximity to schools as most days my husband can work from the home office.

So, specific things I would like advice on;

Good banks to open accounts with - we will want credit cards also - and any info they will require to do so (documents from our bank here, or our bank in AUS).

Good real estate agencies to deal with.

Good websites to find rental accommodation - we know of craigslist, trulia, and rentdenver online.

Reputable car dealers, and good websites to look for used cars.

Where can we find vegemite? lol

Decent health insurance companies - work will pick up the tab, but we have choice in the provider.

Good gyms and personal trainers - with child care facilities preferably.

Family friendly places to take the children to in September.

Anything else that you think would be helpful.

As I re-read this post it does seem to have a lot of questions, so if you have read this far, I appreciate it.

Thankyou in advance.

Denver Forum

Our Global Partners