Join now

8 Weeks Under 8 Mile (Detroit)

Friends,

I'm doing all of my shopping in Detroit for 8 weeks as part of the 8 Weeks Under 8 Mile Challenge. Will you join me?

Join the challenge and share your experience at 8weeksunder8mile.com.

From May 5 through June 30 the 8 Milers (challenge participants) will redirect their spending exclusively to businesses in Detroit. A recent study showed that Detroit residents spend a total of $1.5 billion per year on retail goods outside the city - nearly one in three in dollars. What would happen if we invested that money in Detroit?

Take part in this initiative to show how rewarding it is to buy local in Detroit and promote the city's amazing business community. Tell the world about your favorite Detroit businesses, explore new ones you never knew existed, and share your experience with others.

Join me in Southwest Detroit on Cinco De Mayo for the 8 Weeks Under 8 Mile Kick Off Fiesta! An all-day series of curated events and offerings begins at 11 AM at Historic Fort Wayne Protected content Jefferson) to watch Detroit City FC launch their inaugural minor league soccer season with scrimmage versus the Latino All Stars. Admission is free and is a great opportunity to support your new hometown team.

I look forward to seeing you on the 5th and across the city of Detroit in the coming weeks!

Web + Blog: Protected content
Facebook: Protected content
Ideas + Inquiries: Protected content

Detroit Forum

Our Global Partners