Join now

Volunteering for Detroit Metro families flooded

I'm volunteering here in the Detroit area to assist the many community members who still need help from the major flooding in August. All Hands Volunteers (hands.org) is an international disaster relief organizations joining local groups here in the tri-county area. We are helping seniors, people with disabilities, and others with great need to clean up their flooded basements before the mold and dirty water make them sick. The lasting damage from the flood has been overlooked by the media, but there remain thousands of families in urgent need of our help.

I've volunteered with All Hands three times before, in Gonaïves and Léogâne, Haiti and in Sungai Geringging, Indonesia. It's an amazing organization that works tirelessly to provide disaster response and relief to people who need it most. We offer free debris removal, gutting, and cleanup for homeowners. For volunteers, there's no charge for the rewarding experience or new friendships.

To join us in helping Detroit recover from this disaster, message me or go to the Project Detroit page: Protected content Whether you want to join for a single day or come stay with us for several weeks, we're here to help you help the people of Detroit Metro.

Detroit Forum

Our Global Partners