Join now

Condolences for victims of recent terrorist attack (Dhaka)

Dear members of the Dhaka Community,

It is with great shock and deep regret that I have heard about the recent terrorist attack in Dhaka’s embassy district. On behalf of the entire InterNations Team, I would like to express sincere condolences to all those affected, especially to those who lost loved ones in the attack.

I also regret to inform you that a former Ambassador of our InterNations community was among the victims: Claudia D’Antona, whom you may remember from past events she hosted in both Dhaka and Chennai.

Claudia was a kind-hearted and generous woman, who put considerable energy and effort into making others feel at home abroad. I had the opportunity to meet her in person during a trip to India, and I remember her fondly for offering me a warm welcome during my stay. Our hearts go out to her family, her loved ones, and all her friends in these hard times.

Please check in with your respective embassy or local law enforcement authorities for updates and advice on the present security situation in Dhaka. Stay safe, everyone, and take good care of yourselves.

With deepest sympathy,

Malte Zeeck
Founder & Co-CEO
InterNations

Dhaka Forum

Our Global Partners