Join now

Let's Explore Sonargaon, Old capital of Bangladesh (Dhaka)

Sonargaon (Bengali: সোনারগাঁও; also transcribed as Sunārgāon,[1] meaning City of Gold) was a historic administrative, commercial and maritime center in Bengal. Situated in the center of the Ganges delta, it was the seat of the medieval Muslim rulers and governors of eastern Bengal. Sonargaon was described by numerous historic travelers, including Ibn Battuta, Ma Huan, Niccolò de' Conti and Ralph Fitch as a thriving center of trade and commerce.

It was an administrative center of Fakhruddin Mubarak Shah's sultanate, the Bengal Sultanate and the Kingdom of Bhati.

The area is located near the modern industrial river port of Narayanganj in Bangladesh. Today, the name Sonargaon survives as the Sonargaon Upazila (Sonargaon Subregion) in the region.[

Place to visit: Sonargaon Folk Art and Craft Museum, Panam City, Jamdani Shops and making of jamdani,

Date: 29th December Protected content am-8 pm)

Meeting point & Time: 8:00 am beside the Gulshan-2 circle. Infront of DCC market.
Cost: Protected content per person. This money for your transport, All tickets, Lunch, Breakfast, Snacks, and tips.

Let’s get more friends, increase your network, travel and having fun to get rid of your hectic busy life.

** Please press the “Attend” button only when you are sure about attending the event. I have to take preparation for your attendance. I am going to close the guest list 24 hours before the event due to security reasons.**

For registration of your Non-InterNations guests to the trip, please make sure they signup for InterNations first and click the attend button of this activity after purchasing their Albatross membership at least 24h before the activity.

Attention: You need to confirm your seat by sending me trip cost because I need to arrange your transport and food. Please bring your National ID card or passport (Mandatory) for security purposes. Without any booking, I cant reserve your seat.

For further information or location feel free to contact me on Protected content

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Nowrin Zahan Mitu
InterNations Consul
Travel Group Dhaka

Nowrin Zahan Mitu
Activity Host

Dhaka Forum

Our Global Partners