Join now

Another new face with questions :) (Doha)

Hi Everyone,

me myself and I will move to Doha beginning of December and I am looking forward to my time in the Desert which will last around 2 years. So of course interested in meeting people, I have been with Internations for around 4 years and have made a lot of friends in another location through this and I am hopeing the community in Doha is as relaxed as it seems from the posts :-)

So here is my 3 questions and I hope you are able to help.......

1) TV - Internet - mobile phone contract: I will need all 3 for my appartment which is not yet exisiting. Any good provider someone can recommend, fair prices and eventually not with minimum contract time? I read about Ooredoo's somewhere?

2) areas to live: Well, I trust it is all very safe and there might not be too much differences for expats. I will be working very near to Souq Waqif, but planning to drive in Doha as well. But in general just the areas that you would recommend? All efforts so far on finding out did not go very far.

3) Traffic & Car rental / purchase: So, I am planning to drive in Doha and understand traffic might be a nightmare. But that should not be a problem. Question is, I am planning to rent a car for the first Protected content . Do you have links on local rental companies that you would recommend? I trust Sixt - europcar etc. might be more expensive. When purchasing a car is there good dealers as well?

I am very grateful for any kind of assistance and hopeing to meet a few of you on one of the internations get togethers soon!!

Cheers,
Konny

Doha Forum