Join now

English Conversation (for non-native speakers) (Doha)

English Conversation Events (for non-native English speakers): Learn to speak more quickly/naturally/easily…and with more confidence!!

Hi all!

I coach English here on my spare time and have been helping people improve their English speaking skills.

I meet with a group regularly and we focus on CONVERSATIONAL English (specifically, English which you would use in normal, everyday social situations).

I don't teach traditional classes, so we do not work from textbooks. Instead, I use a total immersion method, where native (American) English is spoken for the entire duration of the learning event.
You will take what you've already learned in formal classes you've taken in the past, and work to apply them to your current daily life here in Doha. ENGLISH IS LIKE A MUSCLE…if you don't use it, you lose it!!

The small group provides a safe place to exercise your English language muscles, and even make mistakes (which is often the best way to learn!). From the first meeting, you'll immediately say to someone "hey, what's up?" or "let's grab a cup of coffee sometime" and other typical English colloquialisms. Your neighbors, colleagues, and new expat friends will notice your newfound confidence. You will expand your current vocabulary (and I just love seeing people use new words/phrases and socialize more comfortably!)

In addition to these ongoing group events, I am available for private coaching, as well as Business English and Career/CV/Job Interview Preparation.

For days/times, please send me a message here via InterNations. Happy to answer any questions. Cheers!!