Join now

Family coming to Qatar next month! (Doha)

Views

Hello Everyone,

Firstly I'd like to say that I'm really impressed with the Internations community especially with how friendly everyone is and all the events that you guys organize. I'm coming out to work in Qatar next month and me and my family are looking forward to spending the next 3 years here.

I was hoping I could get some advice on an ideal compound for us to live in. I work for HSBC which is in Al Matar Street in the Business District (near the Crowne Plaza hotel). I'm married with an 18 month old daughter and we're expecting our 2nd child in September. The monthly budget for us is around QAR 18k and we're looking for at least a 4 bed semi furnished villa which has the following:

- Located within a medium/large compound with a nice expat family feel.
- Somewhere near the Villaggio (wife=shopping!), Aspire (me=indoor football!) and good nurseries.
- Amenities ideally would include: swimming pool, gym, children's play area, 2 parking spaces.

We're pretty flexible in terms of the commute to work. I've looked at the Y Village which is a new compound and it looks amazing! Google Maps estimates a 20 minute drive to work but I guess with the traffic this could probably be a 45 minute drive....which is still OK.

Does anyone have any experience with the Y Village (its the same company behind Y Gardens)? Also, any other recommendations for ideal compounds to live in - I've heard compounds such as The Mirage, Beverly Hills and Al Fardan are also nice and we'll keep a look out for availability.

Our plan when we come out is to spend a few days looking around in person to see what they're like in real life, but any guidance we can get in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot and we're looking forward to seeing you soon!

Vince

Doha Forum

Our Global Partners