Japanese Fundraiser (Doha)

This event is being organised by a student at the American School of Doha
Art Without Borders- Fundraiser for Japan
Time
Saturday, May 14 · 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Created By
Kelly Haddad, Abdulla Al-Abdulla
More Info

As we all know, Japan can use all the money and support right now after the horrific tsunami and earthquakes they have suffered from ...so I came up with the idea to have an art fundraiser to raise money for Japan. I've asked Abdulla Al-Abdulla to join me and put in some of his art work.

The launch party for the event will be held on Saturday May 14th on the mezzanine level (2nd floor- you can see it as you walk into the hotel) at the W Hotel. The launch party will be running for a few hours so people can come and go whenever they wish to. Refreshments and snacks will be provided. There will be a starting set price on each artwork and who ever bids the highest will get the piece of art. We will mark it yours and you can come and collect it at the end of May- just so the exhibition stays nicely displayed throughout that month.

The collection of art work consists of 30 photographic works snapped around the globe and a few abstract paintings by Abdulla and I. As a whole the collection of art is very random, we have funky, modern and cultural pieces. To add to the charity, we will be selling post cards of the art at school for 15 riyals-starting in 2 weeks. Also, if you don't want to buy a piece of art at the launch party then there will be an opportunity for free donations at a price of your wish.

To know more about it we are issued in the Whats Up Magazine in the W Hotel and in Time Out Doha magazine for the May issue in the Art Section (issue comes out 1st of May). If anyone has questions for Abdulla and I, ask us in person, message us on Facebook, or email us at:
Protected content

We really hope to see you all there; The more people that come the better, so tell your parents and friends! :)

Thanks,
Kelly

Doha Forum

Our Global Partners