Join now

Looking for a Project Officer and/or Researcher (Doha)

Hi, I am looking for a position where I could be useful with my skills and my knowledge and where I could learn. I would like to apply my knowledge and my skills in research, analysis, policy analysis, writing, translation and editing. Also, I gained over 10 years of professional experience the program management, research, writing, finance, contracting, negotiations, meeting coordination, strategic planning and public relations.
I have a broad experience on all cultural levels; diplomatic and international, visionary, creative as well as unusual ways to perform and to achieve goals. Moreover, I would like to break walls down to go on new innovative and visionary ways for a brighter future for us all.

To give you a brief synopsis of my background, I am achieving my PH.D in Political Science , I have a Master degree in Political Science with Merit, International Relations from University of Quebec in Montréal, a Certificate in Peacemaking and the UN peacekeeping missions, United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR).

My areas of iresearch are the Knowledge management, Innovation; Research Strategy; Food Security; Open Data Revolution; Open Data for Development Challenge; Democracy and Good Governance in Transition countries (Middle East); the promotion of human rights and gender equality in developing countries, the Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy (STI), the Post- Protected content framework; democratization and public policy in transition countries; and the Future of Digital Diplomacy Revolution in the Gulf Region.

Alongside my academic research, I also bring considerable international experience having lived and worked overseas. I worked with various organizations in the fields of democratic reform process, promoting human rights and religious freedom rights from the bottom-up in Egypt, such as in Al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic studies, the National Council for Human Rights (NCHR) and the Egyptian Organization for Human Rights in Egypt.
In Canada, I worked as a Regional Coordinator at the United Nations Association in Canada (UNAC) and I was sitting on the board of UNAC Montreal for three years; I worked as a Senior Policy Analyst at Natural Resources Canada, at Health Canada and at Status of Women. Also, I worked as a Senior Policy Analyst and a Parliamentary Relations Officer at the Cabinet Liaison Unit at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development. Currently I am an International Development Officer at the Strategic Analysis and Operations Unit at the Europe, Middle East, Maghreb and Afghanistan and Pakistan at DFATD.

I am fluent in Arabic, English and French.

Please if you think that you have an opportunity or any recruitment website in Qatar related to my experience, please let me know and I am willing to relocate to Doha as soon as I have a serious offer.
Looking forward to read your comments or any advice related to my job hunting mission.

Cheers,

Riham Sayed Omar

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Doha Forum