Join now

Looking for a Project Officer and/or Researcher (Doha)

Hi, I am looking for a position where I could be useful with my skills and my knowledge and where I could learn. I would like to apply my knowledge and my skills in research, analysis, policy analysis, writing, translation and editing. Also, I gained over 10 years of professional experience the program management, research, writing, finance, contracting, negotiations, meeting coordination, strategic planning and public relations.
I have a broad experience on all cultural levels; diplomatic and international, visionary, creative as well as unusual ways to perform and to achieve goals. Moreover, I would like to break walls down to go on new innovative and visionary ways for a brighter future for us all.

To give you a brief synopsis of my background, I am achieving my PH.D in Political Science , I have a Master degree in Political Science with Merit, International Relations from University of Quebec in Montréal, a Certificate in Peacemaking and the UN peacekeeping missions, United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR).

My areas of iresearch are the Knowledge management, Innovation; Research Strategy; Food Security; Open Data Revolution; Open Data for Development Challenge; Democracy and Good Governance in Transition countries (Middle East); the promotion of human rights and gender equality in developing countries, the Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy (STI), the Post- Protected content framework; democratization and public policy in transition countries; and the Future of Digital Diplomacy Revolution in the Gulf Region.

Alongside my academic research, I also bring considerable international experience having lived and worked overseas. I worked with various organizations in the fields of democratic reform process, promoting human rights and religious freedom rights from the bottom-up in Egypt, such as in Al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic studies, the National Council for Human Rights (NCHR) and the Egyptian Organization for Human Rights in Egypt.
In Canada, I worked as a Regional Coordinator at the United Nations Association in Canada (UNAC) and I was sitting on the board of UNAC Montreal for three years; I worked as a Senior Policy Analyst at Natural Resources Canada, at Health Canada and at Status of Women. Also, I worked as a Senior Policy Analyst and a Parliamentary Relations Officer at the Cabinet Liaison Unit at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development. Currently I am an International Development Officer at the Strategic Analysis and Operations Unit at the Europe, Middle East, Maghreb and Afghanistan and Pakistan at DFATD.

I am fluent in Arabic, English and French.

Please if you think that you have an opportunity or any recruitment website in Qatar related to my experience, please let me know and I am willing to relocate to Doha as soon as I have a serious offer.
Looking forward to read your comments or any advice related to my job hunting mission.

Riham Sayed Omar