The Middle East International School [MIS] is entering phase one of a restructuring plan starting September Protected content . The first phase calls for the hiring of six elementary teachers [three for grade 1 and three for grade 2].
MIS is an international school located in Doha, Qatar. The school houses grades 4K-12 with approximately Protected content . Each class section is capped at 25 students.
MIS follows the American/Common Core curriculum. The elementary program is self-contained. The classroom teacher, with an average teaching load of 20 hours per week, is responsible for teaching the core subjects, i.e. Language Arts, Math, Social Studies and Science.
For additional information, please visit the school’s website, Protected content . For any specific questions, please feel free to contact the principal at Protected content .
Applications will be accepted until all of the positions are filled. Interviews will be via Skype.
Applicants must be from countries in which English is the native language and must be a native English speaker.
To be considered for one of the positions, please email the following documents [in one pdf file] to Protected content
a) Letter of application—include your skype id, the time zone you are presently living in, and days/times best for you for any possible skype interview
c) List of 4 references which include their name, title and email
d) 3-5 recent letters of reference that you may have
e) Recent picture of yourself
The summary of the compensation package is shown below.
1) Contract of employment will be for the duration of two Protected content .
2) Contract is renewable at the end of the two-year period, as agreed upon between you and the employer (MIS).
3) Annual salary range is 121,000 QR – 165,000 QR/$USD$33, Protected content [depending on experience and professional preparation]
4) Annual salary will be paid on a twelve-month pay schedule, tax-free.
5) Monthly salary will be paid in Qatari Riyals during the first week of the ensuing month.
6) School year (from September through June) with summer vacation (July and August).
7) You are also entitled up to three Protected content leaves within the school year, as well as ten Protected content of sick leave, which must be supported by a valid medical certificate.
8) Holiday pay for national holidays/Christmas break/spring break.
9) All costs for securing your visa/work permit will be covered by the employer (MIS). The formalities to obtain work permit will require you to undergo a medical check-up in a local government health facility and a police (CEID) fingerprint process.
10) Diploma and certificates must be attested by the ministry of foreign affairs in your respective country and also attested by the Qatar Embassy. Employee is responsible for costs.
11) Will be provided with a fully furnished sharing accommodation, with your own bedroom and common areas (i.e. living room, dining room, kitchen, toilets).
12) Utilities such as water and electricity will be paid by the employer.
13) Annual round-trip ticket to your country of residence (Economy class ticket) during the summer vacation. Also be provided with an air ticket at the beginning and end of your contract. The employer will make the arrangements for booking and purchasing the air ticket.
14) Will receive a severance pay/gratuity at end of the contract period as per the Qatar labor laws, which would include an equivalent of one month pay for every school year of completed service.
15) Will be provided a school transport to pick you up and take you to the school premises and drop you back home daily.
16) National health care insurance and basic medical coverage through the local government hospital and/or health centers will be provided.