Join now

Consul of Belgium (Dominican Republic)

Hi, I'm looking for Belgium Expats in Dom.Rep. I have a baby of no 1year and 4 months, and the next is coming for end of November (this year)... but I'm still trying to get the passport for my daughter (Belgium Passport).
I have paid a lot of money to the office of the Belgium consul, but I'm not sure things are going the way they should.
The request was done end November Protected content !!!
Now Jamaica (where we have the embassy of Belgium) asked extra papers, because it seems they didn't get everything, and now laws have changed so they need other papers. We did all this on 13/05 with the office of Belgium Consul !! And now, end of June, we found out that they still didn't send the papers... they claim that a lot of Belgium’s are waiting for papers and that it's "normal" to take a lot of time.
But if they don’t send the documents (where we did pay for this in MAY!!) than it’s normal it takes time.
I still wasn’t able to meet the consul himself, but I will try to do this next week.
Jamaica has a new Belgium ambassador, so he is still getting over all the paper works there, but I would like to find out who are “all” the others people waiting for documents are and try to work with joined forces to make things happen. I don’t want to have the same trouble for my new baby.
I’m not married… I’m divorced (since Protected content Belgium but still fighting with my ex who is trying to get all she can, so I’m not really keen on getting married to fast… even when this relation seems completely different… (I was married for 18 years…)
Please let me know where you are… Belgium expats. Ik spreek nederlands en frans (en duits) en woon in Santo Domingo en in Zemst (Belgïe)

Dominican Republic Forum

Our Global Partners