Join now

Looking for work as a makeup artist (Dominican Republic)

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well. I am considering coming to the Domincan Republic with my boyfriend to live and work for a while to experience life there. We currently live in London where I recently studied a make up artist course. I would like to do bridal makeup on a freelance basis, maybe in a popular destination wedding area like Punta Cana. I was thinking maybe I could try to get work through some of the hotels offering wedding packages to tourists. I also have a TEFL teaching qualification and a lot of experience in beauty retail (I currently work as a makeup artist in Oxford Street Selfridges and have worked for Revlon in Australia) My boyfriend has experience as a port worker but is currently working as a bar supervisor in a busy bar restaurant. We have both travelled and lived abroad a lot and have worked in call centres before so we are aware we could do that if need be. Does anyone know anything about the hotel industry in Dominican Republic and can you offer any advice? Plus my family are panicking about high levels of violent crime in DR....how do you guys living there find the daily reality measures up...is it safe enough?

Sorry about the huge post...just hoping to find out as much as possible ;)

Thanks in advance
Victoria x

Dominican Republic Forum